Sunday, September 13, 2009

champagne champagne

The beginnings of my first non-succulent wedding project! My shipment of champagne wires finally arrived over the weekend. I successfully dis-assembled the little contraptions and separated the "seats", chair legs, and chair backings and am soaking the metal parts in a saline solution ... to hopefully rust the VERY shiny current exterior. The seats will get spray painted a deep emerald once I make my way over to utrecht.

Looking forward to a crafty sunday around laura's new table!

leg base
seats

It's a miracle I got these all separated. Nearly ripped my fingers up and passed several good hours watchin some saturday football and wiggling the wire bottoms out of the "chair legs".
"veuve prototype" - a lil preview of what is to come ... except, imagine a nice emerald green seat rather than the classic veuve widow .. and a "heart shaped loopy seat".

1 comment:

  1. Queen LaBeefa. Bring all of this stuff on sundee, BIG table means BIG crafts. I love the third picture of the seats. they look like beautiful sleigh bells.

    ReplyDelete